One of the most popular regions in Italy, Tuscany is an area that for centuries has attracted people who travelled from all over the world to celebrate its land, art and culture. Due to its tourist appeal, this major region presents infinite opportunities for career enhancement in the Hospitality industry, a sector which is both vast and diverse with all kinds of food service, hotel, and tourism and travel businesses.
Tuscany offers tremendous versatility for students who want to work within a specific realm that caters to their passion. Large hotels like Hilton, Starwood, Sofitel and Marriott all have locations here and are continually seeking bi-lingual employees. The cities are saturated with restaurants where future Restaurateurs can learn management through on-site exposure and students who excel in customer service can work in one of Tuscany’s Terme spas like Terme di San Casciano or San Giuliano Terme where clients indulge in hot springs, thermal baths and mineral pools. Additionally Relais & Châteaux, an association of the world’s finest hoteliers which has multiple locations within the Tuscan Region, has redefined luxury hospitality by emphasising holistic experiences that transport its guests, taking them on are relaxing journey and introduces them to a deeper, truer understanding of the art of living.
In April, ESE Florence, will launch its Professional Programme in Hospitality Management enabling students to travel, study and work in one of Europe’s most beautiful regions. There are many reasons to study Hospitality and ESE has put together a top 5 list of reasons to why studying Hospitality in Tuscany will be a truly rewarding experience.
The Top 5 Reasons Tuscany is an Ideal Region to Study Hospitality
- Great Atmosphere –Tuscany is radiantly beautiful. From Lucca, one of Italy’s most elegant medieval cities to Renaissance Florence or the World Heritage site of Siena, Tuscany is a unique hub of history, rural landscapes, captivating seaside towns and charming cities. Within these cities, the values and lifestyles of the Italian people in regard to culture and socialising are some of the best in the world. Italian people are passionate about their food, wine, and have a unique appreciation for life. The Italian mentality is finding the balance between a career and spending time with family and friends. To immerse yourself within the customer service field, you’ll be living and working not only in some of the most historic and beautiful cities that Italy has to offer, but soaking up Italian traditions that are unparalleled to any other.
- Tuscan Vineyards – Tuscany is world-renowned for wine! Chianti, being it’s most famous is the region between Siena and Florence where tourists flock to visit and experience the hospitality of the multitude of wine vineyards like Castellina, Radda, Greve, and Gaiole. The North of Tuscany, home to many historic villas such as Villa Reale, the residence of Napoleon, is also frequented by wine lovers as the rural territory follows the wine and olive oil route of Lucca, Montecarlo and Versilia. These popular areas are littered with agriturisms, wine cellars, restaurants and hotels and are regularly selected for weddings, film sets and events, sectors where the hospitality industry thrives.
- Hot Springs and Wellness – Since Etruscan and Roman times, Tuscany has been well known for their Terme – natural hot springs which are fed by volcanic water from 30 – 55°C. Ancient hotspots like Calidario and Saturnia are today fully equipped modern Spas and wellness resorts, offering guests 5-star luxury in beautiful surroundings to indulge and pamper themselves. In Monsummano Terme, Grotta Giusti benefits from its very own thermal grotta, a fascinating natural cave with a hot water underground lake in which guests can enjoy a relaxing and detoxifying steam bath. In addition the Spa offers mud therapy, ozonised baths in thermal water, massages, inhalation treatment, a new area for Oriental Disciplines, a gym centre, an avant garde Aesthetic Medicine Centre and a spacious relaxation zone.
- Gastronomic Delights – Tuscany is famous across the world for its culinary delights. From its robust extra-virgin olive oil and Tuscan bread to its pecorino cheeses and cold cut meats such as Tuscan salami and raw ham to cooked specialities such as cinghiale (wild boar), cinta senese (rare pigs) to the Florentine steak, Tuscan cuisine is a foodlovers paradise, simple yet tasty. From small family owned ‘trattorie’, full of Italian flavour and charm to uber-chic restaurants, students will gain first-hand knowledge of the vibrant Tuscan hospitality scene.
- Tremendous Opportunity – As a region revolving around food, wine, tourism, art and the good life there are infinite opportunities to build a career within the Hospitality field. Visitors come to Tuscany for many reasons, including fine art, breathtaking scenery, wonderful cuisine and popular events. Walkers enjoy the mountain paths, cyclists the rolling hills, summer vacationers the coast and islands and students come to learn the beautiful Italian language and culture, all of whom need serving, good customer service and to be given a very pleasurable stay.